Snore Stopper: Various Choices,Remedies, Changes in Lifestyle, and Devices to Stop Snoring
People that are tired of waking up in the morning with a headache and lingering drowsiness may want to examine the different snore stopper choices. Natural remedies would not cost a patient a lot. The prices of the sleeping aid products offered by manufacturers in the market range from the cheapest to the most expensive.
Snoring is a common sleeping condition that has associated health risks. It causes sleep disturbances especially to your bed partner and brings muscle fatigue. Hence, it is important that you seek immediate medical attention to help stop snoring.
Watch Video Below And See Exactly How One Can Attain a “No Snore More Status”
The Best Pillow for Snoring
Here is some of the best pillow for snoring that you can use to help cure your condition:
1. Side sleeper pillow – this pillow is meant to be used on the side of the head only; a position where the mouth falls open naturally. This way, the air passages of the body fall naturally open reducing snoring incidences. But such pillow requires a break in period as it takes time to conform to the natural shape of the body for better results and more comfortable sleep.
2. Back sleep pillow – this pillow supports the neck and back area keeping everything perfectly aligned with the spine. The theory behind this pillow is that when the head is properly and perfectly supported, the air passages of the body remains open reducing snoring incidences as well.
3. Combined pillow – for the ultimate results, a combined side and back pillow technology is recommended. Most people sleep on both their backs and sides making such pillow the best snore stopper. While sleeping on your back, it prevents the chin from touching the chest keeping all air passages naturally open preventing snoring from occurring. The side zones on the other hand of the pillow allow better alignment of the neck, back and shoulders reducing snoring as well. This pillow is also made of memory foam which takes time to conform to the natural shape of the body.
These pillows to help stop snoring can give you better rest at night and feel rejuvenated in the morning.
Natural Remedies for Snoring
Aside from using pillows, there are many more ways on how to get people to stop snoring. There are natural remedies that can bring you silent night sleep and make sleeping with someone who snores more comfortable.
1. Lose weight – this is not to say that thin and slim people do not snore because they do and some are even worse. But if you recently gained weight and snore more intensely nowadays than before, it can be attributed to your weight gain. This is where losing weight can be a great idea to get quiet sleep again.
2. Avoiding alcohol – alcohol and other sedatives reduce the relaxing power of the muscles at the back of the throat causing snoring to be intense. People who don’t normally snore but drank alcohol before sleeping will more likely snore. Hence, it is best to avoid drinking any alcoholic beverage at all cost to stop nasal snoring.
3. Develop good sleeping habits – it is important to have good sleeping habits if you want to avoid snoring and cause inconvenience to other people. This is an effective stop snoring remedies as it conditions the body to rest and relax better at a given time. Sleeping less and sleeping when you are over tired can cause intense snoring. It is best to sleep when you still have some energy left and relax a bit before dosing off.
4. Exercising – we all probably know by now the many wonders exercising can bring to our lives. It not only helps in keeping the body healthy and fit but toning the throat muscles as well that can prevent snoring from occurring. Exercises that can tone the arms, legs, and abs can also directly impact your throat muscles. Such exercises help strengthen your throat muscles which can eventually stop your snoring.
5. Humidifier – keeping the air moist in your room is also a great stop snoring device. Dry air can irritate the soft membranes found on the nose and throat which can aggravate snoring. By keeping it moist, the throat relaxes thereby producing less vibrations and less snoring as well.
These are some of the natural remedies and lifestyle modifications that you have to remember if you are serious about curing your snoring problems.
There are also some throat exercises you might want to consider doing to help strengthen your throat muscles thereby preventing snoring from occurring. By doing these exercises for 30 minutes each day, this can be highly effective in reducing snoring occurrences.
1. Repeat the vowels a-e-i-o-u loudly for three minutes a few times each day. The vibrations they create will help strengthen your throat and reduce snoring.
2. Placing the tip of your tongue at the back of your front teeth then sliding them back is also a good exercise to reduce snoring. Do this exercise for about 3 minutes each day as well.
3. Pursing your lips while your mouth is closed for 30 seconds can also reduce snoring.
4. Open your mouth and move your jaw to the right. Hold it for 30 seconds then move to the left. Do this exercise repeatedly for 30 minutes as well.
5. Open your mouth and contract your throat for 30 seconds multiple times each day. If you find this difficult, you can do this in front of the mirror and watch your uvula move up and down – that’s how you know your throat is contracting.
There is also a faster but more expensive rout to answer the question how do you stop snoring in your sleep. Medical cures are a great idea if you have the means to afford it and if you want faster and effective results. Here are some of your options:
1. Traditional surgery – this surgery helps increase the size of your air passages by removing tissues and correcting some abnormalities found on your throat.
2. Laser-assisted uvulopalatoplasty – this surgical procedure remove some parts of the soft palate using laser technology and radiofrequency signals to help reduce snoring.
3. Oral devices and lower jaw positioners – these is the most popular and easier medical cure to snoring. Using the best snoring device such as Zquiet and Snore Guard can help reduce snoring. These stop snoring mouthpiece devices are comfortably placed on your mouth to help reduce the vibrations thereby reducing snoring.
4. Chin straps – there is also anti-snoring chin strap you can use that can prevent snoring from occurring. This strap works by holding the chin up high while you are sleeping. One end of the strap is placed around your back holding it in place and the other end is placed at your chin. This strap holds your chin up preventing your mouth from opening while you sleep which causes snoring.
There are many more snore stopper devices and remedies that you can use to prevent snoring from occurring. With these stop snoring products and remedies, you can soon put an end to your snoring condition and get better sleep at night at night.
It is important to remember that snoring is a sleeping problem that must be treated and stopped immediately to prevent further implications to the body. Seek medical attention to come up with the best possible solution to your condition. Or, start living a healthier lifestyle today to stop snoring immediately.
For extreme cases, doctors recommend surgery. But unless the patient has a good insurance, it is not a favorable option since it is very expensive. If the idea of undergoing an operation is frightening, people with the affliction can ask their dentist to help them solve the problem. They will be fitted with a custom-made mandibular splint. It will push the tongue and the jaw forward, keeping the throat free to breathe-in properly.
For people who want the cheaper and safer option, there are nasal strips they can purchase at their local drugstore. For just ten dollars, they will experience relief from this ailment.
But it is important to ask for feedbacks from friends and look for reviews online before using it. It will ensure that they will not experience any side-effects. People with snoring issues can also try sleeping on their side. This will allow their tongue to fall on the side of the mouth, freeing the airway.
If these snore stopper sleeping aid reviews and options do not work, people should try to lose weight. The extra fat on the neck area of an obese individual can place additional burden on the throat and induce the condition.
Avoiding drinking and smoking reduces the intensity of snoring. It will also help preserve the health of the lungs, throat, liver and nasal passageways. The muscles on the throat area will also benefit from stopping these vices since it will not be clogged with phlegm.
Having the right pillow also helps in solving snoring issues. But people should consider their sleeping position before buying a product. Individuals that sleep on their back should get a slender pillow. It will provide a substantial support to the neck and the head will not be place awkwardly.
A hard pillow is recommended for people who sleep on their side since it bridges the gap between the ear and the shoulders. A flat and slim pillow is for individuals who sleep on their stomach. They should also place a cushion on their stomach to prevent back ache.
The filling is also an important consideration if patients want to turn their pillows into an effective snore stopper chin pillow or tool. Typical pillow fillings offered by manufacturers are foam, feather and fabric. Latex is also a good material since it superb support to the neck.
Allergies and asthma plays a big part on choosing the right kind of filling. People with these two conditions should avoid feather and other similar materials. Choose a synthetic pillow since it does not pose any health hazards.
Snoring patients should consider the price of the pillow. Just because it is expensive does not mean it is the right pillow for them. They should also test the material before taking it home. Lie down if there is any available mattress. The head should be proportionate with the spine.